Thursday, May 5, 2011

My intro...

So I just realized that I never did a proper intro here!


Hey everyone!  My name is Shaw and after long contemplation, many diets, and enough money spent on diet fads to buy a small island (or maybe even a large one) I have decided to have gastric bypass in order to lose my weight.. hopefully for good!!!  I'm a mom of 4, a wife of a soldier, a crochet mistress, and soon to be a Bariatric Bad Girl.  


I've been overweight for as long as I can remember.  It's never stopped me from achieving anything I wanted.  I've always dressed well, have always had boyfriends, and had great jobs after college.  I really can't say I've missed out on anything being fat  except fitting into skinny clothes LOL!  


But now my weight has gotten out of control.  After having four kids and now being in my 30s, the weight is just creeping up.  I'm on medication for hypertension, thank God I'm not diabetic.  But I am now starting to get pains in  my joints and I know this will only get worse if the weight doesn't come off.


So here I am!  Embarking on my journey to take control of my weight.  This will be my therapy of sorts.. like a diary EVERYONE can read... hmmm maybe I need to rethink this! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment